Tuesday, June 25, 2019

#TeacherLoveTribe Where are you?

I can't help but wonder where they are. They registered, they retweeted my post, but nobody is here. Here I am in my Teacher Love Tribe Zoom session alone, again. I'm going to be interviewed by Matt Miller for #ditchsummit very soon about #TeacherLoveTribe and so far, it is a tribe of one. Me. Alone. I get a few  "sorry I can't make it tonight" texts each week. I know everyone is busy. I know we are on summer break. I myself sometimes want to send out a " sorry I cant make it" message as well. But I don't. And I won't . If you build it, they will come. That's what Kevin Costner' Field of Dreams professes right?

Well,  even though I can't be sure, I have a pretty good notion of what might be going on. Personal Development like this, can be a look in the mirror that is hard to swallow. Once you open up and get vulnerable even just with yourself, there can be emotions triggered and you have no clue where they may be coming from. And sometimes, you know exactly where they are coming from, a place you have chosen to steer clear of. I have been there. There were very ugly times in my life when I couldn't look in the mirror metaphorically, or even physically for that matter. I had very little grasp onto anything stable and felt like I was being tossed from nightmare to nightmare. It wasn't overnight, but one step at time, I began to get a better grip on my life, and make the changes I needed to wellness. For me it took some pretty scary and devastating moments to turn things around. I'll leave those stories to the book I may write one day. Shoot, who knows, if I get the hang of this blog thing, you just might hear a story or two here.

With that said, I want you to know #TeacherLoveTribe that what I want to build is a community of support with as much or as little engagement as you are ready for. You can come to a zoom session and simply listen. You can leave at any time. You can stay. You can contribute. It's a short 30 minutes. We begin with a quick breath, guided relaxation of movement, to get us centered and grounded, move into a small thought for the day and then we workshop it. An activity for you to do right then, or when you're ready is proposed and that's it. You can stay and chat about what resonated with you, or leave and work on it as time allows. It's a start. And you deserve it! If you're ready to join register here. bit.ly/TeacherLoveTribe

No comments:

Post a Comment