Monday, July 29, 2019

#DitchSummit 2019 Teacher Wellness

It's pretty unbelievable to think that in just a few short days, my interview on Teacher Wellness will be live for over 3,500 educators to view. Yes, of course I'll share the link. Register here for DitchSummit I was so nervous the day of the recording. I made sure the camera, lighting, and my face were as good as they could get. I do not have any fancy equipment, and I rarely wear makeup or get all put together. I work from home and take full advantage of all those comforts possible. My boys, age 6 and 4 were playing just outside my office with no babysitter in sight. I explained to them the importance of this meeting I was having and hoped that I wouldn't end up like the CNN guy whose kids walked into his live broadcast. ( Although that was hilarious) My kids regularly come in while I'm teaching my online classes so I was pretty sure they'd be in to interrupt at some point. Luckily they played well the whole time.

It was a great day digging into SEL and why Teacher Wellness is such a big part of any implementation of SEL. Speaking of SEL, Matt Miller asked me to describe the CASEL SEL competencies and my brain completely paused. I don't know what the edit will look like, but I know I stumbled my way through that part. I'm human. I do in fact know them and here is a visual for those of you wondering what they actually are. Self- Awareness ,Self-Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Skills along with Responsible Decision Making.
Image result for casel core competencies

I'm excited to see what will happen to the #TeacherLoveTribe after 3500 educators hear about it. I hope the right message, falls upon the ears that need to hear it. We never know how our words and stories will impact others. I don't remember saying anything profound, but what's my normal now, might just be extraordinary to someone else. The younger woman I was 15 years ago, may have been interested in hearing what I had to say. She needed a good talking to, a mentor.

I'm forever grateful to the CUE Inc community and Matt Miller for their support in my journey and passion to bring SEL and Wellness to the spotlight. It truly takes a village and this #PLN has made all the difference for me.

I hope you'll consider joining the #ditchsummit
Image result for cue.org


No comments:

Post a Comment